Monday, April 13, 2009

It's getting easier

I got up this morning to do day 8 of the 30 day challenge. I don't know about you, but it felt so much easier. Now don't get me wrong, the push-ups still kicked my butt, but I think I finally conquered the jumping jack. The chest flies are my favorite. They end too soon. The side lunge and arm raised are still hard to do with my 5 lb weights, so I do one arm at a time. So, am I phoning it in? Perhaps in the push-up department, Yes, but everything else, I really think I am doing well.
When I committed to the challenge, it was just that. I will do the 30 day shred for 30 days. Last week my eating habits were not great. Actually they were pretty bad. Yet, this morning I weighed myself and I lost one pound. The shredding is actually working. My hubby also mentioned that my waist looks smaller, but I don't believe him, but it was very nice of him to say. So If I could lose one pound eating crap, imagine what would happen if I actually ate some healthy meals?
So this week, and I need to take it one week at a time, I plan to eat healthy meals.
When I started the challenge, I also vowed to walk three times a week around the rosebowl. Well, that hasn't happened. Last week was a very busy one with Spring Break and playdates and what not. This week is a bit slower, so I plan to head out on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
My sister in law, is getting me a jogging stroller from a friend who doesn't have any need for it. Yay me! I plan to use it once I get it. I really dislike how my body looks. And I need to do something about it. Thank goodness I found The sisterhood of the shrinking jeans.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing an awesome job. Congrats on the 1 lb loss this week!

    ReplyDelete